Saturday, June 25, 2011

First flight


Sorry I haven't been posting but we have really had problems connecting to the Internet. Yesterday we left our hotel at 2:00 for a 6:00 flight to Guangzhou. Apparently there was a tropical storm and we spent 6 hours in the airport waiting. As a new mother I failed because I was not prepared at all with food and formula for an entire day! However Lily Jane did great it was me that was about to lose her mind! In fact we had 8 families and about 12 children and they did wonderfully! Our flight finally left last night around 10:30. We got to bed around 2:30 and then back up at 8:00 this morning for a Lily Jane's medical examination. I am not real sure what they really did during the examination but we passed! We have started thinking that she doesn't even have a cleft palate but none of the doctors really spoke English so we will just have to wait and talk to the surgeon at home. I can't see a hole in the top of her mouth but she has the tiniest little mouth and I can't get a good look at it. This afternoon I took her to the pool and she loved it!! Yeah! She even went under a couple of times (not on purpose) and she laughed! She really has the sweetest personality and today she was really belly laughing when we were playing with her. It is just amazing what difference 4 days makes!
It is really beautiful here it reminds me of some place like Charleston, SC. The buildings are beautiful and there are so many parks and some people speak English which is always helpful! :). We are very homesick and just can't wait to see everyone and eat a cheeseburger! The 15 hour flight is heavy on our minds! Lily Jane did well last night on her first flight but 15 hours is just a really long time to sit in one place. keep us in your prayers!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad








No comments:

Post a Comment