Tuesday, June 21, 2011

She's Mine!

About 10:00 this morning I took the oath to care for An Ning and to never abandon her, they took our picture and gave me the official adoption paperwork! She is my baby!! It has been a crazy but wonderful 2 days! Yesterday when we got her she didn't make one sound until last night around 7 when I put her in the tub. And then she just made a faint la,la. I was really worried because I knew she would be sad to leave her nannies but I thought she would cry, instead just a sad blank stare. She wouldn't reach for anything or give any indication that she could do anything. Poor little thing is covered in huge mosquito bites and heat rash. She was the last child of the 8 to get there yesterday. When they brought her in her hair was up in 3 sprouts all over her head along with this horrible heat rash. So I started calling her sprout! Mom wanted to take her hair down but I thought it was kind of cute so we left it up for her official pictures :). She started eating Cheerios immediately and hasn't stopped. They said her nickname is Ning Ning and when you say that name she will look towards you. As of now she is not walking but she can sit up.
Today after a lot of work she smiled at me and let me play patty-cake with her. She is tiny! The 9 month clothing is working best for her right now but if she keeps downing Cheerios at this rate she will be in 12 months in no time.
I really don't know what is going on with her cleft palate they first told me it was already repaired but then today told me they can't find any indication of that and her little mouth is so tiny I can't see anything. Hopefully we will continue to make progress and she will be more willing to let us look into her mouth. Last night was a long night she cried a lot in the night , kind of in her sleep. It was the first time we had heard her cry, it was very pitiful. She is napping now and hopefully tonight she will feel a little more comfortable!
We sure appreciate all of your prayers, comments and support. It really is so nice to hear from all of you, we are a long way from home and we are feeling it! We do have a wonderful support system with the other families that are here but nothing beats friends at home!So far mom and I haven't suffered jet lag and the food has been fine. We are here in Zhengzhou until Friday when we fly to the next town which I can't spell right now! Here are some pictures of my beautiful daughter and mom's granddaughter.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



6 comments:

  1. These pics are great Julie! I love the bottom one of you and her! This is so fun getting to share in your experience with you! And I just love her little "sprouts". How precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Julie! It's been a long time coming, but you hung in there. And now, I have a beautiful niece because of it.
    Sprout is a suiting nickname for a Mom called Glattus / Joe Buck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww!! We all just LOVE her already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel your excitement through the posts, Julie, and it brought happy tears to my eyes! I can't wait to meet Lily Jane. Still praying for a smooth adjustment and a safe trip home for all of you.
    Chasidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,

    She is beautiful - just like her Mom! We love you so much and can't wait to meet your special lady! Love, Love, Love the Sprout!!!!!

    The Darlington's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Such a beautiful photo - and I love the blog! Congratulations!!!!!! We can't wait to meet Lily Jane.

    Sandi, Michael, Corrina & Ava

    ReplyDelete